In the highly competitive world of roofing businesses, effective marketing is key to standing out, attracting new customers, and growing your company.
To help you boost your marketing efforts, we’ve compiled 97 creative marketing ideas for roofing companies. From digital strategies to traditional techniques, this comprehensive list has something for everyone to try.
We’ll break up these ideas into categories like local SEO and educational initiatives, so you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
Marketing Ideas for Roofing Businesses
- Build a professional roofer’s website that showcases your work, services, and customer testimonials.
- Invest in roofing search engine optimization (SEO) to rank higher on Google for roofing-related keywords.
- Develop engaging video content showcasing your team’s expertise and completed projects. If you’re looking for roofing video marketing help, here’s our essential guide to video marketing for roofers.
- Launch and maintain active social media profiles on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Run targeted Facebook and Instagram ads to reach potential customers in your service area.
- Participate in online roofing forums and communities to share knowledge and gain visibility.
- Invest in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to appear at the top of Google search results.
- Collaborate with influencers or bloggers to review your services.
- Create email marketing campaigns to keep past clients informed and engaged.
10. Claim and optimize your Google My Business listing. Not sure how to set up your Google Business Profile? Here’s a handy guide for creating a Google Business Profile for your roofing company.
11. Implement local SEO strategies to appear in local map searches.
12. Use geo-targeted keywords in your content to attract local customers.
13. Partner with other local businesses for cross-promotion.
14. Share before-and-after photos of your roofing projects on social media.
15. Host Q&A sessions on Facebook or Instagram to answer common roofing questions.
16. Create engaging polls, contests, and giveaways to encourage audience interaction.
17. Share informative infographics about roofing materials and maintenance.
18. Utilize Instagram stories to showcase your day-to-day work and projects.
19. Connect with local influencers to help promote your brand.
20. Use relevant hashtags to increase the discoverability of your posts.
21. Share customer testimonials and success stories on your social media pages.
22. Post seasonal content about roof maintenance in different weather conditions.
23. Respond promptly to messages and comments to foster engagement.
24. Create and distribute informative e-books or guides about roofing.
25. Start a roofing podcast or YouTube channel to share knowledge and insights.
26. Produce how-to videos on common DIY roofing tasks.
27. Write guest posts for local home improvement and real estate blogs.
28. Collaborate with local news outlets to share expert opinions on roofing topics.
29. Create informative blog posts about roofing tips, maintenance, and industry news. Check out this list of roofing blog post topics and this guide to running a roofing blog for extra ideas.
30. Attend local home improvement and trade shows to network with potential customers.
31. Advertise in local newspapers, magazines, and community bulletins.
32. Distribute well-designed flyers and brochures to local neighborhoods. If you’re looking for some help, here’s our guide to designing a roofing flyer.
33. Sponsor or participate in local charity events and fundraisers.
34. Offer free seminars or workshops on roofing topics.
35. Advertise on local radio or TV stations. On average, radio ads bring in 2% of roofing leads.
36. Create eye-catching yard signs for completed projects.
37. Wrap your company vehicles with your branding and contact information. Check out this guide to making a roofing truck wrap for more insight.
38. Partner with real estate agents to provide roofing inspections for potential buyers.
39. Send out direct mail campaigns to targeted neighborhoods. Take a look at these creative direct mail campaigns to get some ideas.
40. Establish a roofing customer referral program. Here’s the secret to making a roofing referral program work for your company.
41. Send personalized thank-you cards to satisfied customers.
42. Offer discounts for repeat customers.
43. Provide a loyalty program for frequent customers.
44. Keep clients informed with regular email newsletters.
45. Conduct follow-up surveys to collect feedback and make improvements.
46. Organize customer appreciation events.
47. Give away roofing-related promotional items like branded umbrellas or roof measurement tools.
48. Feature a “Customer of the Month” on your website and social media.
49. Offer financing options for larger roofing projects.
Online Reviews and Reputation Management
50. Monitor online reviews and respond professionally to negative feedback.
51. Encourage happy customers to write reviews on various platforms.
52. Showcase positive reviews and testimonials on your website.
53. Implement an online reputation management strategy to maintain a positive online presence.
54. Highlight your BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating and accreditation.
55. Provide free educational webinars on roofing topics.
56. Create and distribute educational brochures about roofing.
57. Offer free roof inspections or consultations.
58. Participate in local school career days and share information about roofing careers.
59. Sponsor local youth sports teams and events.
60. Partner with local schools for fundraising opportunities.
61. Support community clean-up initiatives.
62. Donate roofing services to local charities or organizations in need. Take a look at some good causes roofers can get involved with if you’re looking for an idea.
63. Participate in local parades and fairs.
64. Utilize drone technology for aerial shots and inspections.
65. Implement 3D modeling and augmented reality tools for project visualization.
66. Use satellite imagery to provide accurate quotes.
67. Use a roofing app for customers to request quotes and schedule services.
68. Utilize a roofing CRM software to streamline customer communication.
69. Join local business associations and chambers of commerce.
70. Attend roofing-specific events and conferences.
71. Connect with other contractors and subcontractors in the construction industry. Improve your roofing networking with these do’s and don’ts.
72. Establish relationships with local building inspectors and code enforcement officers.
73. Join online networking groups for contractors and home improvement professionals. Check out the 7 best roofing Facebook groups to get started.
74. Focus on niche markets, such as eco-friendly roofing options.
75. Create marketing campaigns tailored to specific roofing materials.
76. Target property management companies for ongoing maintenance contracts.
77. Tailor your marketing message to address current local weather phenomena like hurricanes or hail storms.
78. Offer specialized services, such as solar roof installations.
79. Partner with local home builders to become their preferred roofing contractor.
80. Collaborate with home inspectors to provide roofing assessments for homebuyers.
81. Establish partnerships with insurance agencies to handle roof repairs and claims.
82. Work with interior designers and architects for roofing in new construction projects.
Guarantees and Warranties
83. Offer extended warranties on your roofing work.
84. Provide a satisfaction guarantee to instill confidence in potential customers.
85. Highlight your adherence to industry standards and manufacturer warranties.
86. Offer a price-match guarantee to beat competitors’ quotes.
87. Promote your transparent pricing policies.
88. Invest in professional photography to showcase your completed projects.
89. Highlight the craftsmanship and details of your roofing work.
90. Use professional photography for your marketing materials and website.
91. Share high-quality images of your own on social media and in marketing campaigns. Take a look at our guide to taking great roofing photos for yourself.
92. Create a portfolio of your best work to present to potential clients.
93. Showcase written testimonials with before-and-after photos.
94. Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on Google and other review platforms. Learn how to use JobNimbus to help you get reviews from your customers.
95. Highlight positive testimonials on your marketing materials.
96. Share case studies of challenging projects with successful outcomes.
97. Invite customers to share their experiences on social media.
Creative Marketing That Gets Results
Marketing is an ongoing effort that requires creativity, adaptability, and consistency. By using some of these 97 marketing ideas, your roofing company can improve your visibility, attract more customers, and grow your business.
Remember that not every idea is suitable for your specific market and needs, so it’s important to experiment and refine your marketing. Take these ideas and customize them to your brand, location, and target audience to maximize your marketing efforts.
Your approach is the key to unlocking the full potential of your marketing efforts!