This blog was originally published on February 6, 2023, and was revised for freshness, clarity, and accuracy.
Do you know every roofing job your business has ever worked on? Do you recall every customer interaction you (or your crew) have ever had? Unless you’re a super genius, the answer to these questions is probably no. Don’t beat yourself up! It’s unrealistic to create these expectations for yourself.
We’ll walk you through what roofing software is, what features roofing management software should have, the benefits of using software, and how to choose the best software for your business.
What Is Roofing Management Software?
Roofing management software is an all-in-one solution for many roofing business issues. It helps roofers manage all aspects of their business from one centralized place. Roofing software simplifies business management through intuitive features like automation, reports, and integrations.
7 Essential Features of a Roofing Management Software
A roofing management system should be the central information hub for your roofing business. You need features that make it easy to keep track of jobs, customers, and staff.
Here are some of the top elements you should have in a roofing management software.
A good roofing management software provides you with tools to create accurate estimates quickly.
Let the software take care of your manual work for you. Automations are rules for the system to automatically do something for you, like move a job to closed once a customer pays their final bill.
Roofing management software lets contractors gain essential insights into their businesses and enjoy a high-level view of operations.
You need a roofing software that allows you to make and manage invoices. See the total, how much is paid, and the outstanding balance so you stay on top of your finances.
Roofing management software should let you see how you’re doing on each job. Know where jobs are at in your process and the next steps you need to take to complete them.
A roofing management solution makes working on the go even easier with a mobile app. Access all your work information on the go, no matter where you are.
A great management software integrates with other systems your business is already using. Integrations automatically update information on both platforms to promote greater efficiency and eliminate double-entry.
Roofing Management Software Benefits
Using roofing platforms to manage your company has many benefits for your business. One of the most significant benefits is that you can focus on what really matters: maintaining customer relationships and doing quality work on the job.
Roofing management software also has a track record of helping roofers:
- Improve customer relationships
- Raise profits
- Scale their business
- Increase employee retention
- Manage the whole business with the click of a button or a simple swipe
- Have everything at their fingertips
- Market more effectively
- Increase efficiency
- Decrease errors
- Boost team morale and job satisfaction
- Improve employee mental health
- Promote work-life balance
- Increase productivity
- Save time
20 Questions to Help You Choose the Best Roofing Management Software
With all this in mind, you probably have one overarching question: What’s the best roofing management software?
The truth is that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. The best project management software is the one that takes care of your business’s needs. So the way to find the best management software is to figure out what your roofing company needs and how you would use the software.
Here are some questions that will help you determine what type of management software your business should get.
Yes or No Roofing Management Questions
- Do you only do roofing?
- Do you take on commercial projects?
- Do you offer repair work? What about reroofs?
- Do you quote by squares?
- Do you work in HOAs? How often?
- Do you already use systems like CompanyCam, SumoQuote, or QuickBooks?
This or That Roofing Management Questions
- Is most of your work retail or insurance?
- Are you always the primary contractor, or do you sometimes work as a sub?
- Do you want to measure the roof yourself or pay for measurements?
- Would you rather have a software that lets you do everything and is complex or a more limited software that’s simple?
Open-Ended Roofing Management Questions
- What exactly do you want your software to do?
- Which state(s) do you work in?
- Where do you get your leads from?
- How many salespeople do you have?
- How important is it for you to run your business from a mobile device?
- How do you currently do your accounting? Do you want to do it a different way?
- How do you estimate?
- How vital is field service management to your business?
- How many users will you put in the software?
- How much are you willing to spend on the software?
Manage Your Business with Ease
You spread yourself too thin when you don’t have the right tools to run your business. That’s why roofers need a roofing management software solution.
Roofing management software lets you stay organized, run your business efficiently, and drive profits.
If you’re ready to try a roofing management software, sign up for a free JobNimbus 14-day trial today.