Exciting news! Apple has recently released an update where you can save a webpage (like JobNimbus) as an app on your Mac desktops and laptops.
What does this mean for you?
You can now set JobNimbus as an app on your Mac computers!
What Is a Web App?
A web app is a mix between a webpage and an app. Rather than downloading an app or accessing a web page on the internet, you can access a more streamlined version of the site via a web app.
This software has a condensed search bar that makes it easier to focus on your work. You won’t be bogged down by bookmarks, extensions, or tabs.
A web app will help you with certain tasks or jobs, and you can use it from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. Additionally, you can see the number of new notifications on the app’s icon, so you can stay on top of updates.
How Does the JobNimbus Web App Work?
You can get to your JobNimbus account on your desktop faster than ever by setting up the JobNimbus web app.
Once you set up the JobNimbus web app, you can see how many notifications you have from your Dock. You’ll be able to use all JobNimbus functionalities just as you would on a browser like Safari or Chrome.
1. Make sure your Mac system is running on macOS Sonoma or newer. Older operating systems like macOS Ventura are not compatible with setting web pages as web apps.
2. Open Safari. Go to the JobNimbus site at jobnimbus.com.
3. Log in to your JobNimbus account. You can follow this instructional guide for the step-by-step to log in to JobNimbus.
4. Once you’ve logged in to your JobNimbus account, navigate to the page that you want to set as your go-to page. In this example, we’ll use the Boards page.
5. Go to the Mac menu bar at the top of your screen. Click File. A dropdown menu will appear. Choose the Add to Dock option.
6. Name the web app (JobNimbus or JN, for example), then click Add.
7. You’ll find the JobNimbus web app in the Applications folder, Dock, Launchpad, or Spotlight.
When you click on the web app, it will look like this. Going forward, if you access JobNimbus through Safari, Safari will prompt you to open the JobNimbus web app.
Other Notable Updates
We’ve been grinding away to improve JobNimbus for all our users, both on the web and mobile. Here’s some of what we’ve been up to.
- Notification preferences for the Notification Center
- Proposals beta feature: add Documents (web only, mobile coming soon)
- Restrict who can add products to the catalog when creating financial documents
- Proposals beta on web and mobile
- Text to Pay
- Insights Business Overview dashboard
- Workflow Insights dashboard
- Swipe to delete notifications on mobile
- Associated Job/Contact names on each notification in the Notification Center
- “Data last synced” message on Insights
- Download Form response as PDF
- Insights design updates
- “Back” button on custom report builder
- Task notification preview
- Reply/all and forward emails from Notification Center
- New email action buttons
- Search bar added to mobile home screen
- Clickable links under task details
- Persisting filters on the job list between app sessions
- Photos ordered by date taken
- We fixed a bug that caused some devices to take selfie photos upside down.
- We fixed an issue that would cause some photos to fail when uploading.
- We fixed a crash when flipping quickly between the front and back cameras.
- We fixed how easy it is to add photos from the system photo library.
- We fixed Insights to not pull data from deleted Contacts/Jobs.
- We fixed a bug where a sales rep would auto-assign on a Contact when the Contact’s status was changed.
- We took care of the bug that prevented call notes from saving.
- We resolved an issue causing photos to appear at the bottom of the screen when the sort order is set to recently taken first.
- We discovered and fixed a bug impacting our Engage users. While composing a new message, the app sometimes crashed depending on the text entered.
- We fixed an app freeze when editing contacts and jobs inside of the Boards screen.
- We squashed a bug that would inaccurately modify a photo’s original date/time in EXIF data.
- We demolished a bug that caused hidden custom work order fields to be displayed.
- We fixed a bug where notifications settings weren’t opening properly.
- We fixed a bug where the Boards filter button would appear in the wrong color in dark mode.
More Updates Coming Soon
We’re putting our all into making the best roofing software we can possibly make. And with thousands of contractors using our software, we’re confident JobNimbus can be the tool you need.
More exciting updates are coming soon, so stay tuned for details!