Ben Hodson, Co-Founder, JobNimbus
“Knowing your sales numbers can be fairly easy for your first few contracting jobs, but it gets more complicated quickly as you add additional team members, customers, and services.
That’s when it can be easy to lose visibility on what is going on with your sales team and workflow, and yet, for sustained growth, it’s also when you need that visibility the most.”
Why Visibility on Sales Numbers MattersStill, in your busy day running your contractor business, it can feel overwhelming at first to think of also fitting in consistent sales reporting. Don’t worry. This is all really straightforward in JobNimbus.
Not a customer but want to give it a try? Get the 14-day free trial here.Because our software is both a project management and CRM tool, it’s just a matter of displaying the data you already have in a few different ways: Lead Source, Sales Pipeline + Close Rates Per Sales Person, and Tracking Commissions. It’s easier than it might sound! Let’s jump in.
1. How to Run a Lead Source ReportUnderstand where your leads come from in the context of other key information, like dates of the year.
- Select Reports – Sales Lead Source.
- Use the two filters and Current Status checkbox at the top of the report to customize the information. Note: Filters are simply drop-downs at the top of the Reports screen that allow you to narrow down your report to a more specific type of information.
- Scroll down and click the arrows for additional detail on the information.
2. How to Run a Report for Your Sales Pipeline + Close Rates Per Sales PersonKeep an eye on your sales team’s close rates as well as their expected revenue for each lead in the sales pipeline, and more. RUN THE REPORT:
- Select Reports – Sales Pipeline.
- Use the three drop-down filters at the top of the report to customize your information (Location, Amount Field, and Date Range).
- Notice the Sold Rates on the right. These represent the Close Rates for each of your salespeople.
3. How to Run a Tracking Commissions ReportGet a quick view of sales commissions by team member for a certain date range. RUN THE REPORT:
- First, be sure you have commissions entered to different Customer records. Go to a Customer, then the Financials tab. For each project budget, be sure to enter the commission amount and other details.
- Go to Reports – My Saved Reports – Paid Sales Commissions.