What Zapier Email Automation Can Look Like in JobNimbus
Zapier creates “Zaps” which establish a relationship between a contact in JobNimbus and a subscriber in an email service of your choice. For example, your actions in JobNimbus can trigger actions or receive actions from other popular web services, including:
- MailChimp: This popular email service helps companies contact customers through newsletters and other campaign tools.
- ConstantContact: Another email campaign service that focuses on business customers.
As shown in this screenshot of a search for “mail” in Zapier, there are many other options available, as well.
So, what might a Zap email automation do in JobNimbus? For instance, when a lead is entered in JobNimbus, Zapier can automatically send that contact to a specific MailChimp subscriber list, which can be tied to an automated drip campaign to send emails. Or you can just blast the whole list with regular campaigns.
Best of all, you can set up Zaps like this with just a few steps. Even if you don’t use these email services today, you may want to think about how you could leverage them alongside JobNimbus, and we’ll show you how.
How to Set Up Your First Email-based Zap
Here are steps to set up a JobNimbus contact trigger, so that when a record is changed or modified, it will automatically update to a MailChimp list. You can adapt these steps to create other kinds of email Zaps or use other email services.
SET THE TRIGGER
- Log in to JobNimbus and the Zapier account you created. If you don’t have an integrated Zapier account yet, complete the Feature Tutorial: How to Set Up Zapier for JobNimbus steps first, then come back to these steps.
- In Zapier, select Zaps > Make a New Zap.
- On the left, you’ll see an outline or roadmap of what you’ll need to do to set your Zap. In the “Choose a Trigger App” pane on the right, you should see JobNimbus. Click on this to begin building the Zap.
- Next, select Job, Contact, or Activity, then select Save and Continue.
- On the next screen, some users may have multiple accounts to choose from, but many will just have one. Note that the Connect an Account feature lets you create additional accounts. Select the account you would like to use, then select Save and Continue.
- Here’s where you get to choose what condition sets off the Zap. You’ll see a list of contact-related conditions to choose from. A popular choice is “Created or Modified.” Please avoid using the two bottom options. After you’ve clicked on your preference, select Continue.
- Finally, select Test to make sure the trigger is pulling the right information.
That’s it for the first half of your Zap, but remember, these have at least two web programs involved, so let’s set up the second one as follows.
SET THE ACTION
ACTIVATE YOUR ZAP!
- In the pane on the right, search for the email program you would like to automate with.
- Select an option such as Add/Update Subscriber, then click Save and Continue.
- Next, you’ll need to sign up for a free account at an email service such as MailChimp.com or connect one you already have using the Connect an Account button. Select Save and Continue.
- The next screen is where you will specify the type of action you would like your trigger to set off. This may require setting up features in MailChimp or the email program of your choice first, as indicated by Zapier’s “Required Fields” (such as setting up a list or specifying which contact field Zapier should forward email addresses from, as shown in the image below). Read through all the options to make sure you end up with what you want.
- To test the action, select Create and Continue.
- Once you see the confirmation of a successful test, you may want to go back to MailChimp or another email program and see if the action was successful.
- This is a good time to mention that Zaps can trigger more than one effect or action. If you’d like something else to happen in this Zap, you can add additional actions in the same or different web program(s) by selecting Add a Step and repeating the Action steps above. If you’d like to leave it at two steps, you actually need to go to the third item in the list on the left pane and select Delete under Item 3 in the left pane, twice.
- Flip the switch! Move the button to “On” to make it official.
Congratulations! Your automation is up and running, which means you are already leveraging the incredible power of Zapier for JobNimbus.
We will blog about additional Zap possibilities in the future, so please check back. Hopefully, setting up this Zap was painless, but if you did run into issues, please reach out
to us. We’d love to help!