Grow My Business
Did you know that the demand for roofing in the U.S. is expected to grow at nearly 5% yearly to reach $19.9 billion in 2021?
4 Ways to Grow Your Business
Roofing jobs are projected to grow at a much faster rate than the average for all occupations. There are four major ways your business can drive growth:
- Be organized
- Be efficient
- Be professional
- Be profitable
Download our white paper now for more solutions and tips on becoming these things to expand your business today.
Scalable automation goes beyond human capabilities and encourages growth by allowing you to focus your attention on things that matter. You can use automations to:
- Reduce errors
- Lessen busy work
- Save time
- Work as your personal assistant & get more done
According to ARMA International, the average employee wastes 3.5 hours a week and $5251 a year searching for information. That’s why it’s so important to stay organized at work. Here are a few simple tips to help you get organized today!
How To Start Getting Organized
- Clean out your desk. Get rid of the non-essentials, put paperwork in its place, file your emails, and keep regularly used items at your desk in reach.
- Clear your mind. Aim to get around 7 hours of sleep a night, don’t multitask or overwhelm yourself with decisions, and take plenty of breaks at work.
- Prioritize your tasks. Identify what goals you need to accomplish, complete them in order, and create a schedule with deadlines for completing tasks.
- Increased efficiency. An organized workplace encourages you to stay focused and be more productive, saving you time and unnecessary stress.
- Higher quality results. Organization helps you avoid crucial mistakes, such as missing appointments, project details, or instructions from your boss.
- More professionalism. Send a positive impression to your customers by keeping their files organized and your workspace clean.
Efficiency is key to growing your business. In fact, organizations with highly efficient employees had an average 3-year revenue growth 2.3 times greater than companies with employees who were only efficient at an average level.
Automation = Efficiency
Automation allows you to leverage your processes and make data work more efficiently and effectively. Automations help:
- Save you time. Automation fulfills menial tasks that you don’t need to worry about. You can set up emails to automatically send according to custom workflows.
- Drive speed. It allows you to work smarter by finishing tasks faster so you can move onto other projects and get more done in a day.
- Get the right info at the right time. The automation tool will send information like follow-ups or project updates to the right departments so people can communicate quickly and get on the same page.
Automation Benefits to Drive Efficiency with Zapier
- Error reduction: Automating your workflows saves time and reduces the risk for potential errors – both of which are tied directly to business and overhead costs.
- Improved employee engagement: Repetitive, basic tasks can drain morale and leave your employees feeling like zombies. Freeing them up to concentrate on work that takes better advantage of their full abilities allows for gains in engagement and job satisfaction.
- Streamlined processes: Boiling down human involvement to just the necessary touchpoints helps your team better prioritize tasks and focus on what’s truly important.
Experts agree that professionalism is one of the biggest factors in the long-term growth of a business. One study found that 57% of people leave their jobs because the manager was unprofessional.
How Professionalism Affects You
- Communicates trust and size. Professionalism in the business assures customers that they’re in the right hands and gives the impression that you’re a bigger and more experienced company.
- Builds a good reputation. The more professional your business is, the higher credibility you have. Company reputation and customer reviews increase as professionalism does.
- Reduces liability. By staying on top of things and handling operations professionally, companies can also avoid mistakes and errors from occurring.
How to Appear Professional
- Establish workplace ethics, rules, and expectations. Clearly communicate goals, company policies, and how to handle situations so employees can practice self-management, complete tasks, and exceed expectations.
- Keep a nice physical appearance. At work, you represent your company and need to make a good impression on clients. Dress work appropriate and maintain a high standard for hygiene and grooming.
- Use appropriate language. Your language says a lot about you and your professionalism. No matter who you’re talking to at the workplace, you should avoid swearing and keep sensitive subjects, like politics, to yourself.
Profitability is the main indicator that your business is growing. As of 2020, the market size of the roofing contractors industry (measured by revenue) is $48.1 billion, and commercial roofing is expected to grow at least $1.6% per year, with a value as high as $8 billion.
Cash > Profit > Revenue
Your company’s revenue doesn’t exactly mean success if your cash flow is bad. Profitability, on the other hand, is the secret to bringing prosperity to your business. It shows that you’re running your business well and securing a steady cash flow. Cash means more money in your pocket, which is the ultimate goal in business. If you can learn to be profitable and keep an adequate cash flow, you can truly exhibit the success and growth of your business.
How to Earn a Profit
To be profitable, you need to have all the right information and resources to:
- Understand your costs (estimate material, labor, and overhead costs)
- Calculate your profit margin
- And add your markup
For a contractor, these steps can be completed in the estimation process. This blog goes into more depth on how to price a roofing job and make a profit.
Tips to Get Better Results
- Recognize your weaknesses. If you want to improve, you have to identify the areas where you lack and turn them into strengths.
- Set goals. Wishes won’t get you anywhere. Set realistic goals and take action so you can measure your success and grow.
- Model successful behavior. Surround yourself with people who want the same things as you and motivate you for success. Talk to those who have succeeded at what you’re trying to do.
Luckily, we have many customer success stories that you can look to for motivation. Here’s one from Foothills Roofing, who went from zero to $2 million in one year with JobNimbus.
Worth A Thousand Words
It’s proven that JobNimbus not only gives you the tools you need, but it also builds your business, saves you time, and puts more money in your pocket.
Average Revenue Growth
Team Hours/Week Saved
More Payments Collected
Easy to learn.
Simple to use.
The world’s most flexible and easiest to use project management and CRM software for home service businesses.
- Grow revenue by 43% on average
- Save 8 hours per person per week
- Collect 25% More Payments
Run your business from anywhere