Starting a roofing business? We’re assuming you already know how to roof. Since you do there are other things you should set up and research before you get started on your own business venture.
Making a basic checklist of what you need to start your business is a great start. This would include:
- Look into what I need for a business license in my area
- Look into what kind of financing I need
- Come up with a name
- Find a great supplier
You don’t have to have concrete answers for everything on the list, but it will give you an idea of what you’ll need to get in order before you get started.
Create a Business Plan
Creating a business plan is essential. It will help you get all your information together and know where you need to do some research. It’s an important management tool that will aid you and your team with staying on track with launching, growing, and maintaining your business.
Here are some things to include in your business plan:
- Executive Summary, this is an overview of your business and your business plan.
- What are you selling? Who is your target market? Who is your competition?
- How are you going to do it? This should cover what supplier you’re using, how you’re going to market your new business, how you’re measuring success, etc.
- Go over your team. Say whose already on your team, what they do, and go over any new hires you’ll need and why.
- Put together your financial plan. This should cover any loans or investments you’ll be getting/trying to get. You should also include a budget draft so you make sure not to spend too much in the start-up phase.
Choose how you’re going to organize your team and projects. If you don’t stay organized a lot of your projects are going to fall behind. Find a way to project manage and organize your team (hint hint JobNimbus does that for you).
If you already have a system in place, set up a training so new team members will start using it right off the bat.
Even if you’ve already started your business, getting the right program in place can take your business to the next level. Try out JobNimbus today.
What helped you the most when starting your business? Let us know in the comments.