We want you to reach your goals, and to make sure our users leverage our tools’ power features as much as possible, even when it comes to someting as complex as marketing. While some answers are unique to each case, we do have some practical marketing solutions to share.
Perspective Check: Market Your Business to People, Not “at Them”
Here are two ideas to help you begin creating your marketing vision and approach, followed by some practical features in JobNimbus to help you follow through.
- Decide to Decide. Solidifying your marketing vision is about choices. It’s about thinking through what you want to present to your customers, based on what they need. That means first understanding your customers, your position in the market, and what you uniquely provide. It’s not about throwing your vision at people until they love it. It’s about understanding what they need and taking a solution to them.
- Less Broadcasting, More Finding. You can have the best message in the world, but if no one can hear it or identify with it, it doesn’t really matter. Instead of yelling louder from your rooftop, climb down and go to where your audience is, then build from there. Easier said than done! Every business is chasing fluctuating demand, and it can be tricky to find customers at the right time, when they need help with a roofing job.
Finding the right customers also isn’t something you do once, so finding good marketing solutions is definitely worth a little setup time.
Below, we’ll show you how technology tools can help support and automate some of your marketing tasks.
6 Marketing Tools You Already Have in Your JobNimbus Account
If you’re already using JobNimbus, adding a few marketing tricks to your day should be pretty simple. Specifically, JobNimbus can help you get more organized, automate follow through, and leverage your relationships.
Customer Organization and Follow Through
This may seem like a strange place to start, but your first marketing move might be to take a look at what you’re already doing. Because so much of your reputation depends on word of mouth or customer experience, it won’t matter what your message is or how much time and money you spend on it if you’re not taking good care of your current customers.
It’s not easy to pull this off consistently, even if you and your team are excellent roofers. There are just too many interruptions and unforeseen problems to handle first. To avoid dropping the ball on customer organization, make sure you’re leveraging these features:
- Mobile account access for all team members. You may already know your team can capture information onsite through a mobile app that syncs to the same tools your office team uses. Everyone needs to be on the same page. Everyone should also have their own user account to avoid confusion and security issues. By keeping everything organized, you help your customers feel better about your service and more likely to refer you additional business.
- Go digital! A great way to get JobNimbus organized and working for you is to consider becoming a more paperless company. It helps you follow through with customers in so many ways.
Marketing Task Management
As a JobNimbus user, you probably already know how important workflows are. These are processes that move everything forward and make it easier to track your team through different stages.
- Marketing task workflows. Sometimes our customers forget they can track management processes such as marketing (not just job status) on boards. Consider adding marketing tasks to new or existing workflows, such as systemizing how you capture marketing assets like job site photos: taking them, organizing them, and leveraging them in your social marketing. You also might create a stand-alone marketing workflow to get the most out of an event or marketing campaign.
- Calendars and scheduling. When you create workflows for your company’s marketing tasks, you might want to calendar them. Even if your workflow feels relatively simple, scheduling your marketing efforts makes it a priority for everyone on the team, rather than the thing that never gets done.
Follow Up and Reviews
Again, marketing is about finding, and it makes sense to use the momentum of one job to hopefully find another.
For example, it’s important to follow-up and fix anything that wasn’t right (back to that follow through and reputation thing again!). Plus, while residential roofing can feel like an industry without much repeat business, you never know what your customers might be working on.
In addition, online reviews can be just as influential as personal referrals. It doesn’t matter that we don’t know the people reviewing services – we all look to reviews when making purchasing decisions, and your customers are no different when it comes to booking a roofing company.
Sound like more to do than you have time for? Here’s an idea: automate!
- Automatic Reviews. JobNimbus includes a feature for sending your customers a request to write a review about your company at just the right time. That way, you don’t miss out on the benefits of reviews, but you stay in the flow of the many other things you need to do.
- Automatic texts. You can also use snazzy integrations between JobNimbus and Zapier, a tool that acts like a bridge between different products. So, for example, you could set up an automation between JobNimbus and TextMagic to send text messages to your customers. It’s all about figuring out where your team and customers are more likely to see and help spread your message.
Next Steps: Keep the Momentum Going!
While you may decide to hire outside marketing help or consultation at some point, there is a lot you can do to market your roofing business on your own, and that’s where most businesses start. It’s also absolutely possible to do your own marketing long-term and to do it well.
Hopefully, this list gave you some new ideas and gets you going in the right direction, but if you run into any questions or think you might be interested in additional training, just reach out.