Thanks to our new Zapier integration, you can send leads captured through embedded forms on your website to JobNimbus, to become new contacts. Once you set up the Zap and the JobNimbus automation rules, this all happens like clockwork whenever someone fills out the corresponding form on your website.
What Zapier Web Form Automation Can Look Like in JobNimbus
With Zapier, you can integrate popular form tools into your workflow, without stepping away from the JobNimbus interface you use all day.
For example, maybe you have or want to feature a form on your website to add a form for new customers to request a quote or service. By setting a Zap relationship, you can feed those submissions directly into JobNimbus as new contacts, where you can set a JobNimbus rule such that: “every time I get a new contact, send them a welcome email and create a task for this person”.
The great thing about Zapier is that it’s a very popular tool, so there are a ton of web forms already connected to it. This means you’re not restricted to just one or two options for your forms, but you can choose from a wide range of tools. You might already be using a form tool that’s integrated with Zapier.
Here’s a comprehensive list of integrated form tools, including:
- Google Forms: Available with some Google plans, integrates with Google Sheets
- JotForm: No account necessary; an affordable, simple form tool
- Paperform: Brandable & customizable landing-forms
- Ninja Forms: Integrate with WordPress and more
- and many more that are connected to Zapier
How to Set Up Form Zaps to JobNimbus
Creating a Zap that brings contacts from your web form into JobNimbus contacts and fields takes just a few steps.
- If you haven’t already, sign up for a Zapier-compatible web form service and create your contact web form.
- Log in to your Zapier and JobNimbus accounts. Again, if you have not yet signed up for Zapier, you can do so by following the steps in our setup guide.
- In Zapier, select Zaps > Make a New Zap.
- On the next screen, you should see two columns. In the left column, notice the outline showing what you’ll need to set up for this Zap. The right column should give you the option to choose a trigger app. Use the search bar to find your form tool of choice.
- For some programs, you may need to click which type of trigger you’d like, such as in the Google Forms example pictured below, where we chose the second option.
- On the next screen, you may see one account or multiple accounts to choose from, but most users will need to click the Connect an Account feature. Once your account is loaded and clicked on, select Save + Continue.
- Next, choose which conditions begin the Zap. You’ll see a list of form-, spreadsheet-, or database-related conditions to choose from, depending on which form program you are using. A popular choice is “Created or Modified”. After you’ve clicked on your preference, select Continue.
- Last but not least, run a quick test. When you see the “Success” message, your Trigger portion is set and you have the green light to move ahead to the second part of your Zap: your desired Action.
SET THE ACTION
- Now you’ll set the action you would like your web form trigger to take automatically. In the pane on the right, select JobNimbus. Click Save + Continue.
- Select an option such as Add/Update Subscriber, then click Save and Continue.
- Choose the right conditions for what you’re looking to do.
- Next, test the action by selecting Create and Continue.
- Once you see a “Success” message, your Zap is almost finished. In the next section, you’ll learn how to finalize and activate your Zap.
ACTIVATE YOUR ZAP!
- Keep in mind that Zaps can trigger more than one effect or action. If you’d like to add other actions to this Zap, select Add a Step and follow the same steps as listed above.
- The only thing left to do now is to choose a name for your app and turn the lights on. Flip the Zap’s switch to “On”.
Your web forms will now feed into JobNimbus to create contacts or other information sharing. If you would like JobNimbus to automatically send those contacts an email or similar workflow automation, you can edit the new Zapier form automation to set that up in the Automation tab in your JobNimbus settings.
How to Customize Email Workflow Automations in JobNimbus
Please note that you must have administrative access to add/edit automation rules, as follows.
- In the upper right of your JobNimbus account, select your name, then Settings.
- Select the Automation tab, where you’ll find tools to create, edit, or delete automation rules (or, preferences that tell JobNimbus what to do when specific conditions occur).
- If you haven’t already, establish an email template to use within this rule. Find this under Settings – Templates – Add Template.
- You should see the Zapier integration we set up in the steps above on this screen, as shown in the picture below. Select Add Rule to launch the Add Workflow Rule popup.
- Enter a rule name and the specific conditions to create the automation you are interested in. For example, in the example pictured below, we’ve set a condition such that all new contacts with a Lead status will receive an email. Note: You can set multiple conditions and actions. Use the Require All Conditions to Be True and/or Require Any Conditions to Be True check boxes to decide whether one or all the conditions you’ve just created must be met to trigger the action.
- Now, set conditions for the Action. In this case, we’ll choose Email from the drop-down list. Continue to the next screen, where you will select the Email Template you just created (or another one), type in an email subject line, and select recipients. Then click Save.
You should see the rule we’ve just created in your list of Automation rules.
Need Additional Help?
We’ve covered a lot of ground with this web form Zap and JobNimbus email automation, so well done! We will continue blogging about additional Zapier and automation recipes in the future, so please check back.
As always, please contact our Support team with any questions or concerns you run into along the way.