WePay is a brand new feature integration that allows you to process customer payments by E-check and debit or credit cards right from JobNimbus. This popular tool helps you run your business more effectively, as described in our announcement post. It takes the guesswork out of transactions, which helps you stay focused on your customers and the work to be done.
So how can you get set up? It’s easy! Here are a few simple steps to get you started with this powerful feature.
How to Start Using WePay in JobNimbus
To activate this JobNimbus integration and start using WePay today:
- Login to your JobNimbus account as an admin.
- Click on your name at the top right, then select Settings, and scroll down to Features. In the Third-Party Features section near the bottom, you should see WePay.
- Select “Enable”, and the system will activate this integration, then route you up to the Payments tab.
- Right now you’re ready to start accepting payments! The invoices you send will now include a Make Payment button on them for your customers to click and process a payment. However, there are some additional steps required for you to be able to withdraw those funds, so continue to step 5.
- On the Payments tab, you should see a terms and conditions page, which includes WePay’s affordable transaction costs (credit or debit card transactions start at a flat rate 3.4% plus $.30 per transaction; ACH transactions start at 2%, and cap at $20 per transaction). Note: In some states, you may be able to pass the processing fee on to the customer, with the exception of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma, Texas—and possibly others. Please check your state laws to know if you are legally allowed to pass on credit card transaction fees to your clients.
- You’ll need to respond to the email message WePay sent you, as you won’t be able to withdraw payment funds until you do. The email will guide you through the WePay account setup process and get you ready for withdrawals of the payments you get.
- After that, log into WePay and fill in additional company information and payment method preferences (credit and/or debit via ACH Bank Transfer, such as entering the routing number from a check).
That’s it! You should now be all set to collect payments using the WePay feature.
From now on, all of your invoices will have the payment button built-in, so just send those invoices to your customers and let them know to use that button to make their payments going forward.
Note: When establishing your relationship with WePay, there will be a holding period on your funds, for fraud protection. The length of this hold depends on your merchant history. Please contact WePay if you have questions or concerns about this.
More WePay Tutorials to Come! How to Stay in the Know
We’ll let you know about upcoming features including WePay for mobile, so if you haven’t already joined our mailing list, please do that now at the bottom of this page, and be sure to come back to our blog often or follow us on social media to hear about the latest updates.
We’re here for you as you begin using this new feature. Please reach out if you run into any questions!